Alexander

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Worries Are Gone

Gilgamesh,

First of all, your dad came up with that pregnancy name. He just randomly started calling you that name and I went along with it. No worries, it's not going to be your actual name :)

This has by far been the scariest thing I've never gone through. It's definitely been an emotional roller coaster. I'm not as enthused as I thought I would be because I feel so stinkin' miserable. The morning sickness has gotten much worse (yet thankfully my throwing up is pretty minor- I'm pretty good at controlling it), I'm TIRED like crazy, and I just want to curl up and not move sometimes because I feel so blah. Plus, I don't appreciate my digestive system acting the way it is.

Your dad decided to reach out to some of his close family members to help give me support during this worrisome journey, followed by another blessing he gave me so I could have peace. I wasn't really comfortable at first with him contacting family about the details of my worries, but when they offered comfort and told me they put my name on the prayer roll in the temple, it most definitely brought me peace. I finally made the decision to leave it all in the Lord's hands and to stop worrying about everything! And I feel so much better because of it. So, how did you scare me exactly?

First, the spotting. Okay, so it's a common thing! I called my doctor and he ran blood tests- all came back perfectly fine. My HCG has been doubling faster than the norm (but not too quickly). Instead of 48-72 hours, it was doubling about every 24 hours. Then, once it got past 6000, it started doubling every 72 hours instead of 96 or higher.

Second, I went in for my ultrasound- my HCG was around 23,000. And...there was nothing but a yolk sac. From everything I had read, there should have at least been something there with those HCG levels that high. My doctor, who assured me I was probably a week earlier than I thought, told me as long as my HCG kept doubling, there was nothing to worry about. So, he ordered me 2 more blood tests. The first one showed my HCG doubled in 72 hours (compared to 96 on average), but the second one was a significant slow-down. It went from doubling every 72 hours to every 166 hours. THAT I didn't like. I told your dad and did a little research that showed it slowing down like that is normal. Many doctors stop testing after 20,000 because the results can be inconclusive. So it suddenly slowing down isn't necessarily a bad thing.

All we do now is wait for the 2nd ultrasound which is scheduled on the 7th of October. Your dad is taking the morning off to be a part of it. From there we can really see what's going on. Until then, there's no need to worry about a thing! The Lord has this. My symptoms are very much real and increasing, and the spirit has been telling me everything is fine. So I've decided it's not up to me, nothing I can do can change anything, and I need to let Heavenly Father take care of it.

Speaking of symptoms, nothing special has jumped out just yet. I avoid sweets because the thought makes me sick, and I crave red meat (burgers specifically) often. I'm normally a chicken person, but nope- red meat like beef and bison sound amazing. And just the other day, I decided ice cream was the only thing I wanted. Of course I don't want diabetes (I had an early glucose test that showed my levels are on the low- almost too low side), but ICE CREAM. Come on. It's easy to digest, solves world problems, and it's ice cream. But anyway, I'm not going to get carried away with it. I only bought a little and shared it with your dad. I'd like to keep those glucose levels low. Besides that, anything that is food related makes me want to throw up. I've been having protein shakes in the morning because it's the only thing I can manage to put into my body. I know eating helps with morning sickness, but it's hard to force yourself to do so when you feel like garbage. I've been fighting to meet my calorie goals, though I've lost about 6 lbs. Probably because the sweet tooth is gone :) .

Anyway, that's it little one! Looking forward to seeing you on the ultrasound!

2 comments:

Carla said...

I can't wait for your ultrasound so I can't imagine what you guys must feel like!

Megan said...

I'm sorry it's been such a roller coaster ride so far. I can totally imagine how hard it is having that unknown factor when it's something you want so badly and have waited so long for. But it seems like all your tests are coming back normally, and if you're still so sick that's also a good sign that the hormones are still there and a baby is growing. :) Being sick is so hard though... especially when you have to work and fulfill your adult responsibilities. With Ava I was always super sick when I first woke up, so I started keeping crackers by my bed so I could eat a few when I first woke up in order to get something in my tummy before it got too upset. I also started wearing sea bands with her and they seemed to help a little bit. Have you ever tried those ginger preggy pops? They sell them at Buy Buy Baby and Babies r Us, I've never actually tried them but I've heard ginger is really supposed to help with the nausea. With this pregnancy I've noticed the days that I feel the most nauseous are the days when I don't get enough sleep... so maybe just try to get to bed early and squeeze a nap in on your lunch break or something! Do what you can to eat, even if you're only eating ice cream and cheeseburgers! ;) Anyway, enough advice. I hope that all goes well with your next ultrasound, can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

Post a Comment