Alexander

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, September 16, 2013

Reminders

Dear Growing One,

You sure like give me reminders you're there and developing! Not that I forget, of course.

I started getting nausea pretty early on, making me not want to eat. I lost 5 pounds! Sunday was a good day for the most part, and I ate, well, a lot. You had to remind me that evening as the nausea hit like nobody's business though. The nausea has typically been pretty mild with no throwing up- certain foods and smells set me off. However, today is when the real journey began.

I was riding the school bus this morning as part of my job, and boy was I miserable! I ended up throwing up twice (luckily after we arrived at the school and I made it to a bathroom) during my work hours. I felt fine during the afternoon, then it struck again this evening. And as bad as I'm sure it's going to get, it's comforting at the same time because I know this is a good thing! It means you're growing, my pregnancy hormones are increasing, and you're protecting me from eating things I shouldn't! It's good to know all is well in there- so thank you!

Another symptom which has hit me like nobody's business is fatigue. Oh, my. I slept in during the weekend and still took naps during the day. When I was working Thursday night for my other job (I left all cases but one, which is once per week at night), I actually fell asleep after I put the kid to bed. The home was too cozy and I couldn't help myself. I woke up before the parents came home, but goodness I was out of it. I had to walk around the house to keep myself awake so I could drive home safe.

I also almost fell asleep during my lunch break at work today. The teacher's lounge has some big couches and I got a little too comfortable. I came home and took a nap. I think it's time I hit the gym for some exercise after this post.

Besides that, I have all the other basic symptoms. My ladies are growing and sore (I think I grew a size just overnight), I still have mild aches in my abdomen, and my mood swings are very much real. I had a mixture of laughing and crying the other day. Your dad reminded me I forgot to put his water bottle back into his gym bag after I washed it, and I broke down crying- which is something that only crazy, hormonal women cry about. He was at work, so he didn't see me. My crying then turned into more crying because I realized it was hormones, which reminded me I have a little thing growing inside of me, which made me feel blessed and scared all at the same time. It was weird. Seriously. Your dad has only caught me once crying at something small and stupid (like ironing his shirts last night- I was trying to make it perfect and he stepped in to help me and I cried because I felt I couldn't iron shirts right). Then I was crying as I was apologizing for crying over something that dumb. He just set everything down and hugged me. I told him this morning I was going to do my best to keep things together hormonal-wise so I wouldn't stress or scare him, lol. Such a good man.

Anyway, I've already grown attached to you! Your dad and I went over several names on Sunday, so we may be set on some things. But we'll see. 

2 comments:

Carla said...

The increase in nausea makes me think it might be a girl after all! Either way, I can't wait to buy some little outfits and whatnot.

Megan said...

bahahaha, I hope this comment doesn't make you cry, but I'm just cracking up over here reading about your crying over such small things! So funny to think what our poor bodies (and hubbies) put up with! I definitely have felt more emotional this pregnancy, a news story about a baby bear being stuck in a bear proof dumpster had me bawling a few months ago. And the fatigue... oh the fatigue. I don't know how you're working at such a strenuous job and growing a baby. I have had to take a nap almost every single day since finding out I was pregnant. Nap when you can (even on lunch breaks, I did that a few times when I was working!) and try to get enough sleep at night. It's so hard to find the balance! And good luck with all the nausea. Oh, reading all this makes me so glad I'm out of my 1st trimester finally. :) You can make it girl, and you totally have the right attitude -- even though it's hard, those symptoms are a great sign that baby is growing and developing like it should! :)

Post a Comment