Alexander

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Perfect Peanut

Little Peanut,

Your dad has recently been calling you peanut. It began after a beautiful thing happened yesterday morning. It was your first official ultrasound! Your dad took some time off of work to be there. Was I nervous? I was. I told myself there was nothing to worry about and everything would be okay, but I couldn't help but feel a little anxious.

The doctor came into the room to ask me basic questions- how I was feeling, how my symptoms were, etc. He then said, "I have a good feeling about this one. There shouldn't be anything to worry about." Your dad came into the room and the doctor turned down the lights and began the ultrasound. First, silence. Then, with a smile, the Dr. Rao pointed to the screen. "There's your baby, right there."

"I can see a little flash!" was the first thing your dad said. The doctor confirmed it was indeed a heartbeat- and I saw it too. The cutest little thing I've ever seen. Then, with a flick of a switch, we heard it; the most beautiful sound of your beating heart! I had a big smile on my face and kept talking about how cool it was. Your dad was happy too, and even the doctor was smiling. What a blessing!

There you are- so little!

Turns out I was earlier than I thought! He put you as 7 weeks 3 days yesterday- boy was I off! No wonder I couldn't see you two weeks ago. This means your official due date is May 23rd.

I was going to wait until the end of the month to announce publicly, but your dad was too excited to wait. Plus, the doctor said, "once we hear a solid heartbeat like that, you're pretty secure." So we made an early announcement anyway!

Anyway, we already love you so much! We can't wait until we meet you. Your dad even taps on you and greets you when he gets home or says goodbye when he leaves. It's cute.

Our early gender test is on December 6th. So we'll see!


3 comments:

Megan said...

YAY Baby Peanut!!! Isn't it the absolute coolest thing to hear and see their little heartbeat? It never gets old, I look forward to it with each appointment. :) I'm so glad the appointment went well for you. And so exciting to finally have an official due date! Love the little ultrasound picture -- is your doctor doing the gender check for you in December or are you doing it through a private company?

The Pollocks said...

My doctor will be doing the gender check! And I definitely can't wait until I can hear it again!

Carla said...

Squeal!! I am so stinking excited!

Post a Comment