Alexander

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, October 31, 2013

11 Weeks

We’re now at 11 weeks!  You’re about the size of a fig and almost fully formed! Tooth buds are beginning to appear and some of your bones are beginning to harden. I also learned you’re pretty active in there- kicking and stretching and all sorts of acrobatics. Though of course I can’t feel you just yet; nor can I feel your cute hiccups.

What’s also cool is you’re already developing a sleep and wake cycle! They usually last 5-10 minutes long, and just my coughing can wake you. Your vocal cords are also beginning to form- and you’re a fully developed boy or girl! We still have a little over a month before we get to see that part though.

I’m developing a bit of a pooch already, though I've been feeling pretty bloated for the past few weeks or more. It’s not a baby bump just yet. It’s mostly digestion, and the fact my uterus has more than doubled already to prepare for you.

As for weight, I've gained about 3 pounds from the start. I know gaining weight is healthy, but a part of me does not like seeing the scale go up- especially since I worked so hard to see it go down! I’m not exercising nearly as much as I should anymore, which is sad. I need to get back to it! I’m over the running thing. I read many articles about how running can loosen the abdominal walls, which can cause leakage even after pregnancy. So I’ll stick to walks, my stationary bike, light weights, and prenatal yoga. The key is to get started though!

Morning sickness started to finally lighten up a couple of days ago. I’m not exactly sure if it’s just the right time, or if it’s due to the medication I finally asked my doctor to prescribe. See, between weeks 8-10, it was rough. Really rough. I couldn't keep anything down; I had a hard time concentrating at work because I felt so ill, and I was getting headaches, feeling lightheaded, etc.


Finally I caved and e-mailed my doctor, and an hour later I had a prescription waiting for me. The prescription used to be primarily for chemo patients (it’s called Zofran), and used to cost $65 per pill. Now it’s used for other forms of nausea and insurance covers it. I took one that evening- and the next day I felt marvelous. I kept up this pattern for the next couple of days, and although I threw up my dinner tonight, I've been feeling nausea-free for 90%of the day- it’s wonderful!

Anyway, I get to see you again on November 12th- I should be around 13 weeks at that time, so you’ll be much bigger! Yay!


1 comments:

Megan said...

Oh I'm so glad the Zofran is helping you out! I can't imagine being as sick as you have been. The on and off again I've experienced is more than enough, I don't know how you made it through each day feeling so ill all the time! Totally know what you're feeling with the weight gain... although to be 11 weeks and only have gained 3 lbs is pretty awesome. I wish I could say the same. I don't know when you usually exercise, but if you ever want to meet up to go on walks let me know! I need to be better about that too!

Post a Comment