Alexander

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, October 18, 2013

Week 9

Baby Peanut,

I am currently in week 9! It still seems so early-I had never planned at all to announce as early as I did. I wanted to at 12-14 weeks, but after hearing that precious beating heart, I got too excited!

I gotta say, week 8 was horrendous. You're perfect, of course. Being as sick as I am means you're healthy! But goodness. I had to take a day off of work because I felt so sick. I've been trying hard to control throwing up because I HATE throwing up, but I realized it only drags it out longer. So, I just made sure to stay near a bathroom and allow myself to throw up. Not too much, of course- I don't want to smell (though I have mouthwash), and I don't want to make my teeth unhealthy. But now I'm letting nature take its course. Does this mean you might be a girl after all?

Here's what else is going on in the pregnancy world- daily headaches. This is accompanied by being lightheaded and dizzy. I have to make sure I'm moving around frequently and not sitting too long- and being sure I take walks every evening (which help tremendously). I realized when I'm inactive, I feel worse. Driving in my car so long (commuting to work, moving around different schools, etc.) doesn't help at all. I've had to walk out of certain rooms because of smells too. Let's see- the bloody nose thing started last week as well. I was play wrestling with your dad (no, he didn't hit me), and I bumped my own nose- but barely. I then noticed blood on my hand. Oh, a new adventure.

But, of course there are the good things! I've been sleeping really well each night. Like, amazingly well. It's been great! Your dad has been giving me an extra hour every morning and it's fantastic. Going from 5am to 6am really does make a difference. Plus, every time I think about that ultrasound, I smile. I have your "picture" on my fridge and I can't help but feel such joy when I see it. Your dad and I still like to go over names every now and then for the fun of it. What have we come up with? For a boy, we're looking at Alexander and Joshua- and I think a few others your dad likes. He picked those two out, but he's not hooked yet. For a girl, I'm pretty stuck on Anna, but we'll see if anything changes in the future ;). You are such a blessing!!

I don't have a bump yet this early, but considering my uterus has doubled in size already, my pants aren't as comfortable as they used to be. I've actually had to pull out my size 8's and 10's (though they're kind of baggy), just to be comfortable. My 6's aren't as comfortable anymore- and anything too tight around me makes the nausea much worse. So, sadly those 6's are put away. Before I knew I was pregnant, I went shopping for fall clothes- I got some really cute fall skirts and outfits (all size 6), but unfortunately will not be able to wear them when the weather cools off. But I have a plan! You are due to arrive in May- my goal is to fit those cute size 6 clothes when fall comes around. I will work hard to get back into those! But for now, let the fat phase begin. My weight hasn't changed (I actually lost a bit), but I'm definitely feeling the bloat. I'm not running though- my doctor said no running or cycling (okay, so I've sneaked in some small runs), and I'm not lifting as much as I used to. So some of the weight loss may actually be muscle loss. I need to get on the ball! I am going for my walks (3 miles or so), but I need to up my game. The food thing is hard for now- so I'm just going to eat what I can and watch my caloric intake. Once the 2nd trimester comes along, it's time to up my game and stay in shape!



I took this one about a week ago- even then I was feeling a little bloated, but then again, the last time I wore that outfit I was a bit lighter than I am now. No, this isn't a bump picture! People Magazine contacted me and wanted a photo THAT day to see where I was. I submitted this and told them about the pregnancy. 

Next on the agenda: find a dressy gown for your dad's upcoming Christmas party this December. It's going to be at this super fancy, oceanfront hotel in Santa Monica. It's gorgeous. Everything will be paid for and there's going to be some really awesome raffle giveaways. I'm definitely looking forward to it. I just need to find a nice dress/gown that will work with a bump- and not cost $200.

Anyway, looking forward to my next ultrasound- November 4th! 


1 comments:

Megan said...

You look so pretty in that picture! How fun about the Christmas gala! You'll be in your 2nd trimester by then, so hopefully you'll start feeling better? Although I just threw up again today and I'm half way through. So you never know LOL. I'm sorry you've been feeling so darn sick. Ugh. Seriously the worst feeling ever... It's so hard to say if that means boy or girl, because I have a friend who's due two weeks after me with a boy too, and she's been sick as a dog with him but hardly threw up at all with her little girl who's a few months older than Ava. So I guess it all depends on how your body responds to either the boy or girl hormones!

Post a Comment