Alexander

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, February 28, 2014

28 Weeks

   Little Kicker,

     We are now a week into our third trimester! It's amazing how time is going by so quickly! You are still moving and kicking like crazy and I love every bit of it (even when it wakes me).

      We also had a checkup with Dr. Rao on Wednesday and everything came back great, as usual. He said you're where you should be and growing very well and strong. I can never get enough of listening to that sweet beating heart of yours.

      I also decided to stay for the third trimester 1-hour glucose test while I was there, and everything came back normal. The normal range is 70-129, and my level was 71, so we're definitely good in that department. Whew! As for everything else, it was discovered I have anemia.  Luckily it's mild and nothing serious, but I still need to keep an eye on it. Guess it's time to look into those iron-rich foods!

    As for the headaches, they have dramatically decreased. Thank goodness! I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I used to drink a glass of milk with my breakfast every morning and the migraine would kick in about half an hour to an hour later. I decided to not drink milk one morning and no migraine! So I kept this up and have been feeling better. Really strange, don't you think? But mommy still takes her vitamins daily!


   The other night, I placed my phone on my bare belly and turned on some piano music. Suddenly, my phone was moving about and being kicked. Your dad did a double take and asked if it was really you! Haha. You like it when I practice piano and play piano music on Pandora since you seem to move a lot to it. Your dad is also practicing his guitar skills everyday so he'll get to play to you one day!

     As for your nursery, it's coming along! I've been working on hanging up your name with some blocks I painted and a cute little board for them. They're not attached to the board just yet, we're going to figure that out. I figured I'd leave the "construction" part up to your dad, and getting the right tools to attach the letters and hang the frame on the wall since it has no hanging options (crafting store). So it still needs some work!


   A friend in our new ward also found this adorable foot stool at a collections store down the street who happens to be closing out and showed me a picture at church. So, I drove over there yesterday and bought it! It's so cute. I have to clean it well though since I'm sure at one point those blocks will be in your mouth :) .



  We are having so much fun preparing for you!  Love you, little guy!!




1 comments:

Megan said...

happy third trimester!!! alex is going to be here before you know it. i hope you continue to enjoy every moment! and so glad the migraines arent coming as often now too.

Post a Comment