Alexander

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, February 1, 2014

24 Weeks

Baby Boy,

You are so cute!! You definitely have developed a sleep-and-wake pattern, so I typically know when to expect to feel those kicks and punches. I can actually see my stomach move this time, which is so cool. You finally started kicking for your dad last night, but he didn't really feel too much. Of course they weren't the big kicks you like to do, but you tried! Next time, for sure.

This week we bought your new crib, received your bassinet which has been in the family for years and years, and moved into your first home! Whew! We also bought you your first glider/rocker, and new toys. Your dad and I are looking forward to decorating this place!

Still needs some decorating!

It was definitely a stressful week for us, especially over last weekend. We lost our perfectly sweet, almost 6-year old cat named Dexter to unexpected heart disease. We were crushed. I was in tears while he was being euthanized and you made sure to give me comfort by kicking and punching me as much as possible while it was happening. It was a reminder that life still goes on and now I have bigger responsibilities coming up. Despite the grief I've been going through, you have been a big comfort and blessing. We had always planned for you and Dexter to grow up together as we were sure he had more years, but things definitely change. I know Lila's mothering instincts will be there and you two will be great friends! Thank you for being so sweet!

Your dad also loves to talk to you every night now. He chats with you and you just have the time of your life in there listening to him. It's really cute, it is. He is just so excited! He told me he loves walking by the nursery and seeing your crib, and every now and then I find him just standing in there and observing everything. You became the center of our universe the moment we knew you existed.

Anyway, we love you, Alex! Can't wait to meet you!

1 comments:

Megan said...

It's so dang sweet that Gary is so excited for this little one to come into your family. He's going to be a great dad, you are going to be a great mom, and little Alex is going to be GREATLY loved!

And I'm so, so sorry about Dexter. I can't imagine how heartbroken you've been.

Post a Comment