Alexander

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, February 16, 2014

26 Weeks

Alex,

The third trimester is almost here! Just a few more days! I can't believe how fast this second one has flown by. I've gained about 25 lbs so far, and my doctor told me I only have about 10-15 more to gain to stay in the healthy range. I'm a bit nervous about that though because I haven't been counting my calories lately or exercising as much. I have to get on the ball!


You've been much more active these days. You've even managed to get my ribs these past couple of days, which surprised me because I was expecting that to happen a bit later. I've had to stand up and stretch to get comfortable. Sleeping has been a little more difficult too. See, I'm a back sleeper. It's been really hard to stay on my side the entire night because my leg eventually starts to ache and so does the rest of my body, including my back. Often times I'll wake up in the night and find myself on my back, so I force myself to roll over to my side.

I've also been waking up every single morning these past couple of weeks with a bad headache that can last for hours. I e-mailed the doctor who said it's normal and to take Tylenol when needed. Sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it kind of works. I'm starting to wonder if it has anything to do with the way I'm sleeping at night? Oh, well.

Your dad's alarm clock wakes you up every morning as well. As soon as it buzzes, you start kicking and punching up a storm until things calm down a bit. Your dad rolled over and apologized to you this morning because he heard me say, "It's okay, Alex, it's just his alarm."

Speaking of your dad, you kick every time you hear his voice now, whether he's talking to you or not. It's so adorable how you're beginning to recognize him. He's also been able to feel you now AND he's been able to hear your heartbeat simply by resting his head on my belly. So neat! We are so, extremely excited to meet you!

Your nursery is coming along! Still some work to do, but we received our new chair! I also made you a superhero blanket, and your dad started hanging some of your action figures last night. We still have the wall stickers to put up, as well as your name. We bought you a few more books, too. 


So far so good!


Daddy setting up our chair!

And the result! Soo comfy! There's a glimpse of your blanket.

Gary's co-worker was kind enough to  pass this on to us!

  His co-worker was even kind enough to give us a Graco Pack N Play too! Yay for stuff!


 Oh, and we totally couldn't help ourselves...

Isn't this seriously the cutest thing ever??! Your first official outfit.


And here we are! 


 Anyway, we love you so stinkin' much! Just a few more months to go!


2 comments:

Megan said...

Can't believe you're already almost to the 3rd trimester! Gah! Time really is flying! I'm sorry you've had such persistent headaches... and unfortunately the sleeping thing won't get better. I find myself waking up on my back most nights too. I'm a tummy sleeper so I'm hardly ever truly comfortable. It's so worth it though. So fun that you're already getting Alex's nursery together and starting to get those important items! Ethan has a Superman outfit like the Batman one, we're TOTALLY going to have to get together and take a picture of our little super heroes together! ;)

Carla said...

Super cute room!! We have an outfit hanging in our room for him and every time Lexi sees it she tells us, "That's baby Alex's outfit. I want to hold Alex."

Post a Comment