Alexander

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, May 23, 2014

40 Weeks

 Your due date is here! But...you are not. Apparently you have business to take care of first, right? Things to do and get done?

I understand most first moms don't deliver until around 41 weeks, so I'm definitely willing to wait- as long as you're healthy! That's all that matters to me.

We had an appointment on Wednesday and discovered there has been absolutely no progress. I wasn't surprised though as I wasn't really "feeling" any progression. The nurse couldn't even find my cervix to begin with. She said you haven't really dropped much- which did confuse me a bit because I started feeling you drop a few weeks ago and I have no pressure in my upper stomach area like I used to. I also feel a lot of pressure below, so that was a little discouraging. However, many moms told me not to worry about those cervical checks because they don't really say much since all women are different. We have another appointment on the evening of the 30th to start possible induction if necessary. I'm willing to wait up to 42 weeks, but no longer (if I choose to wait past 42 weeks, I have to sign medical forms stating I'm going against medical advice). But no worries, I won't wait any longer than that. I really don't want to be induced, but like I said, your health comes first! 

We have been walking a few miles each day as well as doing some stair climbs. I also discovered online a "yoga dance" that has been notorious for getting labor started, so I did an hour of it yesterday- and felt some contractions later in the day- and a little this morning. We'll do it again this morning with another walk, so we'll see what happens! I Your dad is probably more anxious than I am- he's just dying to meet you. Of course, I am too, but the last thing I want to do is stress about your arrival. I'm just simply leaving it in the Lord's hands. 

Well, I love you little guy! So much! We are very excited to meet you soon. Everything is set and ready to go, so now all we need to do is wait! 

1 comments:

Megan said...

YAY!!! Definitely do more of that yoga dance if it brings on contractions! ;) I definitely hope little guy comes before 42 weeks, but that's good that you're trying not to be too anxious about it. I know with Ava the days just dragged because I was anticipating meeting her so much, just continue to enjoy your time with him kicking around in your tummy. :)

Post a Comment