Alexander

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, December 23, 2013

Shopping, Names, and Planning

Baby Alex,

We're approaching 19 weeks! We're almost halfway there! Things have been definitely feeling better on my part and I am so in love with you and definitely love feeling you move every now and then. I've finally gained some weight (another 4-5 lbs), and am trying to be sure I don't gain too much too quickly! I've been so hungry, which is the complete opposite of how I felt in the beginning.

Your dad and I have been planning and shopping already! We have a local used book store which recently opened up at our mall, and they have a pretty decent children's section. Your dad and I have been discussing some of our favorite books as kids, so we were pretty happy when we found some of those in the store! So, we bought them and have some books ready for you. He's also going to start reading to my belly soon!

We also went to a flea market last Saturday just because and found ourselves looking at more things for you than for ourselves! See, we're already in parent-mode :). Upon browsing, we can across a nicely built dresser (the owner bought it in the 70's and recently updated/painted it), and it also came with what looks like a changing table. There's a slot for a mirror too, but he didn't know where that could be. No big deal! For $35 it was ours! Well, now technically yours ;). We'll look into repainting it to a boy-ish color, but we'll see. It was a great deal!


Here's your dresser just sitting in our room. Looking forward to moving in a few weeks and starting on your actual nursery!!

 We've also been buying you some toys to place in your nursery. Your dad also suggested an idea for your nursery theme, and I loved it! So we're set on your theme too!


 As you can see, we've decided on your name- Alexander Samuel. Samuel is the name of your grandpa on your dad's side who passed away a few years ago. Your dad's middle name is also the name of his grandpa too! So we've been calling you Alex! So much love!






2 comments:

Megan said...

Love the name!!! I know we've talked about this, but Alexander was on the top of our list for a while too! I think it's so fun you're getting things planned and purchased already..and that you're feeling him move! Such an exciting time. :) And so you guys are for sure moving? Lots of big and exciting changes going on! Let me know if you need help packing or anything!

Carla said...

The changing table dresser is pretty sweet (after seeing it in person). Can't wait to throw you a shower!!

Post a Comment