Alexander

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My Little Boy!

Your dad and I had an ultrasound yesterday! To our surprise, we discovered it wasn't actually an ultrasound day- it was just a heartbeat checkup with some blood work. Since Gary took the day off, he asked the doctor about an ultrasound- and the doctor was happy to go ahead and do it.

Now, I actually have another one at 20 weeks at the ultrasound center in Panorama City (where you're supposed to be born), but my doctor said he was 90% sure you're a boy! The last technician said a similar thing, so right now we're feeling pretty good about you being a little boy. 



The doctor said everything is going really well! All tests are good, you're an excellent size, my placenta is good and strong, and you're definitely healthy. Such good news!

I'm doing pretty well too. No throwing up this week so far! It's totally random. However, I did manage to get a cold virus which has been going around, forcing me to leave early today. The classroom (more specifically the child) I have been primarily working with has been sick with a head cold. He doesn't use tissues, sneezes in faces, and wipes his snot everywhere (he is not mentally challenged, just has some behavioral problems due to issues at home). As much as I tried to drown myself in sanitizer, throw tissues his way, sit away from him, and wash my hands consistently, I still managed to bring it home and get your dad sick. Close to a week later, it struck me too. I really wish parents would learn to keep their sick children home. I even called his mom and sent home notes, but I guess there was no stopping it. Half the children in the room were sick. Oh, well!

Besides that, everything is going so smoothly and I'm thrilled you're big and healthy! We've been calling you a specific name, so it may stick or we may change our minds down the road. We'll see!

Love you, little monkey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment