Alexander

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, April 5, 2014

33 Weeks

 Hey little guy, I can't believe we get to meet you next month!! Wow, almost 6 weeks left! Mommy is excited she has 3 working weeks left before she is done. I am so glad I get the blessing and opportunity to stay home when you are born. I am looking forward to every part of it.

 Anyway, you are growing for sure! You love my rib cage, and also found a favorite spot on the right side of my belly you love to kick. It doesn't exactly feel good and often times I'll jump and say "Ow!", even at work. You're also dropping a bit too, meaning you're putting pressure on other parts of my body, causing me some uncomfortable pain. However, despite all of it, it is worth it! I love feeling you move and kick, and especially watching my belly roll with your movements. At least I know you're where you're supposed to be!

Another favorite thing of yours? Daddy playing the guitar. Every time he starts playing, you start moving along. It's the coolest thing, really. I'll sit in the rocking chair and we'll spend a good time rocking back and forth while he practices his guitar. I think the rocking puts you to sleep, but you love his music.

You're also a night owl and I typically know when to expect you to wake up- both at night and late in the morning. It's cute how you have a schedule.


This pregnancy has been so far so good! Luckily (fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc) I haven't had any common problems like heartburn, digestive issues, or headaches. I'm glad those headaches I had during the 2nd trimester are gone! I am dealing with fatigue, currently a sinus infection, and, well, fatigue again. I actually have trouble rolling over in bed at night and make grunting noises- which your dad finds funny. I have to physically move you too since you seem to bundle up on whatever side I'm sleeping on. It's like exercising- I have to deep breathe instead of holding my breath while I attempt to switch sides. Your dad also typically knows when I've dropped something because he could hear me in the other room making noises to bend down and pick things up. Today I had to have him help me thread a part of my shoelace because it hurt too much to bend down and focus on it. It didn't help I was wearing some snug jeans, making it even harder. I'm definitely more flexible wearing baggy pajamas. I also have to cut back on my meal size because once I eat, I can't really move much for the next hour or so. Sleep has been good for the most part, but lately I have been having dream after dream after dream and often wake up in the night. I've always been an interesting sleeper and dreamer, so I don't know if it's just me being me or me being pregnant. Or both. But I feel I haven't been sleeping as well as I'd like these past few nights. Last night was bad, but I blame the sore throat from the sinus infection.

I've also been pretty clumsy as well, which is sad. I was in the parking lot at a school site for a training day, when my shoe got caught on some tree debris on the ground- and down I went. It was one of those falls where my brain was saying, "Save yourself! Do something smooth!", but my body was like, "Eh." It was kind of slow motion, and I ended up scraping and bruising my left knee while twisting my right knee and ankle. It's amazing how scared people get when a pregnant lady falls. I just said loudly, "I'm good! I'm cool! I'm alright!" And got up like nothing happened. It wasn't a hard enough fall for me to worry about you. Besides, you were active throughout the day as usual. I need to be more careful though! It's not the first time as several weeks back I lost my balance in the school sandbox. I really can't catch myself these days.

I also read I should be getting Braxton Hicks contractions, but I guess not all women get them. Or it just isn't my time. Yesterday, I had something going on and I wasn't sure if it was a contraction or just my stomach reacting after I ate a meal. It happened after breakfast and again after lunch. It was a cramp I felt from my back and around the sides of my belly- a little painful, too. Again, I wasn't sure what that was, but since it wasn't consistent, I decided it wasn't anything to worry about.

Anyway, I'm excited about my baby shower next week in Bakersfield. It's time for you to get more spoiled! Also, since there were so many baby boys born into our ward last year, we've been getting some pretty nice things from friends in the ward. You have clothes, toys, books, and other neat things already set up in the nursery. We are definitely prepared for you! And we love you so much!!!


New outfit from the primary!

New outfit from a co-worker ("Off to Grandma's")!

Some of the items from a friend in the ward

1 comments:

Megan said...

So glad you weren't too hurt after your fall! That's definitely scary losing your balance when you're not really able to react as fast as normal. Oh and I didn't feel hardly any braxton hicks contractions with Ava, but with Ethan it happened frequently starting that 5th month or so. I guess they're more common with subsequent pregnancies.

I can't believe your due date is next month! Crazy! And sooo exciting! He'll be here before you know it. :) Did you end up finding someone to throw you a shower out here? If not I'd like to throw something together for you, maybe the end of the month or beginning of May? Let me know! :)

Post a Comment