Alexander

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, November 24, 2013

14 Weeks

Little Monkey,

I am 14 weeks along with you now (might actually be slightly further based on my last ultrasound, but we'll stick to this for now). Let's just say I am happy to finally be in the 2nd trimester! My energy levels have gone up again and the nausea is gone for the most part. My back has been slightly aching along with some ligament pain, and I'm getting headaches, but for the most part, all is well! I'd rather deal with headaches than nausea and fatigue.

As for my weight, nothing has changed much. I've gained about 5 lbs. total from the start. I've been doing a lot of walking, but now that I'm finally in the 2nd trimester and feeling tons better, I'm ready to start working out a little harder (but not too hard) to stay in shape. I'm considering canceling my gym membership and signing up for prenatal exercise classes instead. But we'll see! I have prenatal videos at home, so I might just save the money and do it here instead.

My appetite has also come back for the most part. I still can't do sweets very well and I'm trying to warm up to fruits once again, but I can eat and drink without the urge to throw up. I still throw up sometimes, but it's much, much better!

We also bought me a maternity pillow- which is very comfy! I don't use it every night though, just because it's so big and I'm still early enough to roll around in different positions. But I'll be using it soon since you'll be growing pretty quickly this trimester! I'm excited to feel you grow; and some weeks for now, move around in there enough for me to feel you! Your cute daddy is also finding books he can read to you once your hearing kicks in. Every time we go anywhere to shop, he wants to stop by the baby section or a nearby baby store just to browse around and get ideas about your future. He was even looking at amazing playhouses to install or build once we have a yard. He's too fun how involved he is! He always asks about you and is very good about taking care of me when my back or head hurts. I'm so blessed!

Anyway, that's the update for now! I can't wait to see you again on the 9th. Your daddy will get to be there this time to confirm your gender. 

1 comments:

Megan said...

Hip hip hooray for the 2nd trimester and feeling a tad better! So happy to hear that! The 2nd trimester is by far my favorite for that reason. You're feeling pretty good, you're starting to show just enough that people know you're pregnant and not just pudgy, but not so big that you're uncomfortable all the time like in the 3rd trimester. ;) It sounds like you're taking everything in stride though, and it's SO cute that Gary is so involved and excited for this little one to come into your lives. Can't wait to hear what the gender verdict is next week! Eek, so exciting!!!

Oh, and I am incredibly jealous that you've only gained 5 pounds. Lucky, lucky girl!

Post a Comment